Damask

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy Fall!

(flowers my wonderful husband got me to match my fall decorations!)

I decided to skip Treasury Tuesday today, and instead went to the fabric store (aka *heaven*) with my friend to pick out fabrics for her nursery set that she has commissioned me to make for her. I'm trying my hand at a bumper (using THIS pattern), crib skirt, and blanket (based on THIS Etsy seller's design that my friend loved). Don't worry, I will post pictures!

On Sunday, I decided to decorate our house in fall decor and try a recipe I had been drooling over. They are called "Candy Corn Cupcakes," and although they don't taste like candy corn, they are definitely drool-worthy! Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
-1 box plain white cake mix
-1 c. regular sour cream
-1/3 c. vegetable oil
-1/2 c. milk
-2 eggs
-Yellow and Orange (or red to make orange) food coloring
-Whipped topping
-Candy Corn

Directions:
Combine cake mix, sour cream, vegetable oil, milk, and eggs in a large bowl. Mix according to package directions. Divide batter evenly into 2 separate bowls. Color half of the batter with a few drops of orange food coloring (or mix 1 drop of red per 2 drops of yellow). Color the other half with a few drops of yellow food coloring. Place cupcake liners into cupcake tins. Fill each cupcake liner with 1/4 c. of the yellow batter then top with the orange batter so cupcake liner is 1/2 full. Bake according to package instructions. Cool cupcakes completely. Just before serving, top each cupcake with a dollop of whipped topping and a piece of candy corn.

PICTURE:


Since I'm not a huge fan of whipped topping, I actually ended up making my Mom's homemade vanilla frosting and just frosting them, and it is quite tasty! In fact, I think I will eat one right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment