Damask

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Treasury Tuesday

"Now you're in New York
these streets will make you feel brand new
these lights will inspire you
New York, New York, New York" -Jay Z and Alicia Keyes

I could not stop singing that song in my head this past weekend when I went to Manhattan and Brooklyn with my boss for the National Eating Disorder Awareness (NEDA) Conference. She took me with her to learn how to do the marketing of our company, in hopes that I could take it over. She also told me she took me because (in her words) "I've seen the Real Housewives of NJ, I need you as a bodyguard. You're from there, you can defend me." In all reality, my California born-and-raised boss DID need me to figure out taxis, subways, crosswalks, city streets, and how to handle aggressive New Yorkers. We spent 2 days site seeing and 2 days working. It was a lot of fun, but I have to say I am glad to be back *home.* CA feels like home, now. It's quieter, warmer, sunnier, and the people are kinder. I think I like it here. I think I will stay.

Happy Tuesday!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment