Damask

Friday, September 24, 2010

Featured Seller Friday


Another Friday - another weekend to look forward too! At least the weeks go fast these days :)

Meet April, the creator behind the Etsy shop MaggieandBeatrice, which has the most adorable items! She also has a great blog, where she often posts tutorials of the items she makes. I most definitely will try my hand at the handmade flower on the onesie :) Now I just need a niece.....

What is your life story?
My story is a simple one, certainly not original, but I am fond of it. High School sweethearts fall crazy in love, get married, and penny pinch their way through college. After school they move back home to start their family. The Lord blesses them with 2 blue-eyed boys and one brown-eyed girl. They raise their children in the country surrounded by Grandparents to love on them, Aunts and Uncles to spoil them, and lots of cousins to run wild with. Ten years later they are still crazy in love.
Where does your inspiration come from?
The inspiration for my MaggieandBeatrice shop comes primarily from my daughter. I didn't think I wanted a daughter (I know that sounds awful!) but I had my two boys who I adored and when I found out I was pregnant for the third time I thought "Great! Another blue-eyed boy to chase after." Naturally, I was surprised when the doctor announced I was expecting a girl. Needless to say she has rocked my world. The mom who thought she didn't want a daughter is completely and utterly smitten! I started sewing and making hair clips for her and discovered how much I loved creating all these pretty, girlie things.

How did you hear about Etsy?
A friend told me about Etsy and I was blown away at all the amazing things people were creating all around the world. Since I am a stay-at-home mom with young children, Etsy seemed like a good fit. I opened my store in February of this year.

How would you explain your style?
My style is hopelessly and unashamedly old-fashioned (with a touch of whimsy).

What is your favorite book?
Wow, that's tough. That's like asking which one of my children I like best. For the sake of the interview I will choose; "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte. Although, "Persuasion" by Jane Austin, and "A Room with a View" by E.M Forester would be very close 2nd and 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment