Damask

Sunday, September 5, 2010

"You are my Sunshine"


I listed five new items on Etsy today, one of which is a "Lil Sunshine" themed blanket inspired by Miss Sayla Geiser, the baby girl born to our friends, Ben and April, over a year ago. Ben and April were in our couples Bible Study before his job transferred them to NY. When Sayla was 35 weeks old gestation age, a routine ultrasound found a lemon-sized tumor in her brain. Within days, the Geiser's world changed forever and the past year has brought unique struggles as they manage Sayla's continually changing health. Dave and I pray for them often, and follow their CaringBridge site.

For her first birthday, Sayla's theme was "You are my Sunshine" and it inspired me to make a blanket in honor of her fight this past year. Read more about their story HERE.

Here are pictures of the blanket:



No comments:

Post a Comment